Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

We don't really celebrate it here in Ottawa but there are plenty of people that do so hopefully you are enjoying it. What do people do for this day? Are there particular foods that are made? Is it a gathering for friends/family/both? I am intrigued. Perhaps next year, I'll organize a Cinco de Mayo par-tay at our new home. Speaking of things celebratory, one week from today will be our second year anniversary. We don't have anything planned but it's a nice to know that we have made it this far. And speaking of far, three weeks from today will be when we get our house. For some reason though, I am not that excited today - probably because I am under the weather and so am feeling crummy. Don't worry - it is not the N1H1 virus!

I was cleaning up a few minutes ago and found a piece of paper with a note on it. It said, "Take a spontaneous trip". I don't know where it came from or when it was written but it really got me thinking about getting on a plane and going somewhere. There are so many beautiful places to go so it would be hard to narrow it down to just one but if I had to choose right now in this instant, I would pick Paris. It's a small city with such a huge, international profile. And it's so iconic. I would love to go there and chill for a week. I definitely would not be bored.



Hmmm... maybe I'll plan a trip out there for later on this summer - once the new house has settled...

No comments:

Post a Comment